Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Journey Begins!

Today, I officially accepted my invitation to serve as a Peace Corps volunteer in Bulgaria! It has been such a long waiting process, but has finally paid off. My assignment is secondary English education - so I will be teaching English as a secondary language to children ages 8-19.

My placement officer sent me a great deal of information about my assignment and country, and I am very eager to learn all I can before I depart for orientation on May 19. Here, I will meet the other members of my training class and receive my passport and Bulgarian visa. From there, I will fly to Bulgaria with my training class to begin an intensive 10-week pre-service training program. The training will include Bulgarian language study, community skills, health and personal safety, and technical training. I know it will be a difficult process, but I cannot wait to start learning!

I will be posting updates here and there before my departure, so stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. SB '09 BECK!!! I am going to miss you so much while you're gone and hope that we can all come see you soon in Europe!!! Have fun and think of nothing but the good memories we are gonna have on the friggen cruise next week!!! love you Lil Becky :-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS ANDREAAAA! yay Bulgaria that is so exciting... i will miss you roomie, but you are going to do great things in europe!! woo i'm jealous and hopefully i'll be able to make a lil moolah and visit you!

    ReplyDelete