Monday, March 30, 2009

Patiently Waiting...

I'm about a month and a half away from my orientation in Washington, D.C. and I could not be more excited! Since my last blog I've spent a lot of time reading about Bulgaria and the Peace Corps experience in general. With my invitation kit, I received a Volunteer Handbook that I am supposed to read before heading to D.C. and it has really explained a lot about what life will be like once I begin my pre-service training.

When I arrive in D.C. on the 19th, I will meet the other trainees in my group. I just received an e-mail stating that there will be approximately 70 of us that will make up the 25th group that has served in Bulgaria! At orientation, I will get acquainted with the other volunteers and also the Peace Corps staff that will be with us during training. This will be a very important period as I will be spending a great deal of time with these people during training and will likely keep in touch with them throughout my two years of service.

Once arriving in Bulgaria, I will spend 4-5 nights at a hotel in Sofia where training will officially begin. I will then move into a home with a host family who I will be living with for the duration of my training period. I just filled out a "survey" listing my personal interests and hobbies in order to help the Peace Corps Bulgaria staff match me with a family. I can't wait to get there and meet them!

That's all I have for now, check in again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for ya Andrea!!! Just remember to mail us all and get all of our addresses and put them in your book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete