Sunday, May 10, 2009

Last Week in America

Wow, so my time left in America has officially come down to ONE WEEK! After applying to the Peace Corps almost a year ago, the time has finally come for me to finish packing my bags and head to Bulgaria. It seems unreal.

In the past couple of weeks I have tried to focus my time on being with friends and doing the things that I know I will miss the most (like eating a lot of good American food!) I've been slacking quite a bit on learning the language, but after talking to fellow volunteers and meeting one of them last week, I'm pretty sure we're all in the same boat on that one. Although it's obviously an important thing for us to be focusing on, we've also got to worry about packing, saying our goodbyes, and soaking up what we can from our final days in the states.

This will probably be my last post until I get to Bulgaria, because I'm assuming that I'll be stressed out a lot this week making sure I have all the essential things I need packed. But I hope to have internet access probably about a week after my arrival in Bulgaria (because we're staying in a mountain resort in Panichishte for the first week, which as I understand, has ZERO access to ANYTHING). But after that, our host families will arrive to pick us up on Sunday, May 24 and take us to our homes where we'll be living throughout training. I can't wait to meet them!

Anyhow, wish me luck and I'll be posting again as soon as I can!

Dovizhdane America!

5 comments:

  1. ANDREA!!! I AM GOING TO MISS YOU SO SO MUCH!!! I am so glad we got to hang out in Findlay 2 last weekend, and that you got to come down to Celina for a night this past weekend!!! The lighthouse, creepy Roberts Town Tavern, you dancing with Dave, the walk home and everything in between I will cherish!!! I will get to see you one last time, this upcoming Sunday, then thats it, but I am so proud of you and your bravery and confidence!!!! I am so glad I get to be there to see you off!!! And I can't wait to hear from you the first time when you have time there to get in contact!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea my love! I cannot believe this is it! I am going to miss you so much! Not that I already dont with you not being in athens to enjoy my last spring quarter! :( Im sure you heard about the riots here for palmerfest -- not cool and def not something that i think is worth bragging about. Anywho, Ill try to call you sometime this week! Youre going to do great in Bulgaria! I love you always and forever!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you both and will miss you two SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I did hear about the riots Megan - absolutely ridiculous. You would think that being there and having a good time would be enough for people. Ah well, good luck with graduating and everything after - you will do great! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete